Powersports vehicles are unique types of vehicles. In addition to functioning similar to typical automobiles and motorcycles, they are commonly used for events like racing and other competitive events. Just like any vehicle, a powersports vehicle is susceptible to a wide variety of unforeseen incidents. Having insurance for your vehicle can be a dependable way to limit out-of-pocket expenses if an accident occurs.
What Is Powersports Vehicle Insurance?
Powersports vehicle insurance is generally not a specific type of coverage. You might get a policy catered to that model or vehicle type, depending on your vehicle. In exchange for an insurance premium, you’ll be allotted a certain amount of money following an accident to cover expenses related to recovery or repair. Some of the coverages might include:
· Liability coverage
· Medical costs
· Uninsured/underinsured motorist protection
· Equipment/parts coverage
What Are Examples of Powersports Vehicles?
Some examples of Powersports vehicles that might be covered in an insurance policy include the following vehicles:
· Personal watercraft function primarily as both sit-down and stand-up watercraft. They are designated for the fun of the driver and differ from boats because you are much more exposed to the environment on personal watercraft.
· Snowmobiles are primarily used to navigate snowy and icy terrain that would be difficult to navigate on foot. Snowmobiling tends to be a powersport that participants take quite seriously.
· Powersports motorcycles tend to be two- or three-wheel vehicles with various uses, including long- and short-distance travel. They tend to be socially-oriented powersports vehicles, differentiating them from other vehicles.
· All-terrain vehicles, also known as ATVs, are three- or four-wheel powersports vehicles that can navigate through rugged terrain, facilitated by low-pressure tires and handles for the driver’s control. Six-wheel ATV models also exist.
· Trike Motorcycles are three-wheel motorcycles that tend to be significantly wider than ordinary motorcycles due to the extra wheel. They are popular among those interested in Powersports because they are steady and less likely to tip over when taking a sharp turn.
Be sure to reach out to the Brent R Lucas Agency with any questions related to powersports vehicle insurance coverage.
If you live near Leesburg, Virginia, and own a powersports vehicle, we can assist you. The Brent R Lucas Agency is determined to help you learn about powersports vehicle coverage so you can make the right decision on a policy.
Contact us today at 703-779-0111 to learn more.