Travel Insurance Information
Anyone who has planned a trip knows that the unexpected can happen, throwing off travel plans. Regardless of how much planning and money you’ve put into your trip, without travel insurance, your financial outlay might be lost if your plans change. Travel insurance ensures that you are protected from financial loss if you have to cancel, delay or interrupt your trip.
Brent R. Lucas Agency in Leesburg, Virginia, protects our clients with customized insurance policies, including travel insurance. We can work one-on-one with you to ensure that you have the protection in place for your next trip.
What Does Travel Insurance Cover?
Travel insurance typically covers airfare, hotel and tour expenses. You might also purchase other kinds of insurance for travel expenses such as coverage for medical emergencies, personal property damage and death that might occur away from home.
We can help you with travel insurance so if something unforeseen happens, you are protected. Because there are various types of travel insurance, we can help you choose the appropriate coverage for your travel needs. Some insurance coverage that may be appropriate for your trip include the following:
Trip Cancellation/Delay/Interruption Insurance
· Travel delay coverage might reimburse you for prepaid expenses if you can’t take your trip because of a travel interruption, such as a flight delay or cancellation.
· Trip interruption coverage might reimburse you for prepaid expenses if your trip is cut short because you or a family member become ill or die, or have any other misfortune listed in your travel insurance policy.
· Trip cancellation coverage might reimburse you for prepaid travel expenses if you can’t take your trip because you or a family member becomes ill or dies.
Medical/Accidental Death Insurance
· Emergency medical expense coverage might reimburse you for medical and emergency dental costs because of an illness or injury while traveling.
· Medical evacuation coverage can provide emergency transportation to take you either to a hospital near your area of travel or for transportation back to a hospital near your home.
· Accidental death coverage may cover death or dismemberment during a trip.
· Air flight accident coverage may cover death or dismemberment during flight only.
· Common carrier coverage may cover death or dismemberment while traveling on public transportation.
Baggage and Personal Effects Coverage
A frequent travel problem is the possibility of baggage and personal belongings being lost, stolen or damaged. This coverage may also include protection during travel to and from your destination.
When Do I Buy Travel Insurance?
You can’t always plan for the unexpected, but you can with travel insurance. It’s a good idea to talk with us about insurance coverage before you make your travel arrangements. We can help safeguard your next trip if your plans change.
Protect Your Trip—and Financial Livelihood
The Brent R. Lucas Agency can help give you peace of mind, knowing that you have financial protection if your travel plans are canceled. Call 703-779-0111 to ensure you have coverage before you make your travel arrangements.